Monday 3 September 2012

Coming soon...

I spent an hour and a half making roses out of flower paste today. 90 mins of work gave a grand total of four roses. *Sigh*

I can understand now why people charge so much for cakes. If they've handmade a whole cascade of roses, that's going to be several hours of their time! It's not just about ingredients (although flower paste is expensive and all!)

Anyway, today's rose making exercise was the start of my latest project - I've got a wedding cake to complete by the 22nd September. Actually, that wasn't the start, I've already baked the top and bottom tiers - the middle being a dummy cake, else they'll have more fruit cake than they'll know what to do with.

So this is my first attempt at a wedding cake, and I must admit I'm cacking it slightly... I need more practice at roses! I've been given pretty much free rein on the design too, with just a colour scheme to work towards, so I'm still not entirely sure how the end product is going to look.

So I will try and keep you all updated with my progress, but without giving too much away at the same time. I want to keep it as sort of a surprise. Not that I think the recipients read this, but anyway.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment