Thursday 24 January 2013

A look back at my journey

I've put together a collage of all the large cakes I've ever decorated, in the order I did them. I was interested to see if there is a notable difference in them based on what I have learnt over the months.

On some of the pictures it seem like I have perhaps taken a step back since decorating the previous cake, but I think the quality levels are quite dependent on who I am making the cake for and what the occasion is. For example, the wedding cake is (in my own opinion) the best cake I have made, but of course a wedding cake is one of the most important parts - materially speaking - of the wedding. Whereas some of the cakes have been made for myself, just for fun, and I think it shows that I cared slightly less for these!


Today's cake is not included in this collage for the simple reason that it was not about the decorating. It was more about baking practice, and about the CHOCOLATE FUDGE! :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment