Wednesday 19 February 2014

More Dairy Free Cake

In my experiments with dairy free* baking, I have created this simple recipe which I thought I'd share with the world. It is for a six inch round sponge cake which could be used as a top tier for a wedding cake, for example. 

Ingredients:
225g caster sugar
4 large eggs
180g corn oil (please note this is grams not mls)
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Method:

1: Beat the eggs and sugar together for several minutes until thick and frothy. 
2: Add the oil and vanilla extract and beat further. 
3: Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in gently. 
4: Pour the mixture into a greased and lined 6 inch tin, and bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees C (160 fan) for 1 hour 20 minutes. 

You can fill the cake with jam and a buttercream made with soya or other dairy-free margarine (see my previous post). 

I hope this recipe works for you; it did for me! :-)

*By dairy free I mean it is a recipe without milk in any form. This recipe does contain eggs which some people refer to as a dairy product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment