Monday 7 November 2011

Cookie creations

I got a set of cookie cutters and a recipe book called 'Christmas Cookies' for my birthday last week, so I thought I'd give them a test run today (as if my house isn't already full to the brim with uneaten baked goods!)

I went for a gingerbread recipe and was amazed to find the amounts made for nearly 50 biscuits! So I've had a busy afternoon decorating each and every one. I used the ready made writing icing I had left over but instead of using it straight from the tube, I squeezed it into my decorating syringe (currently my favourite decorating tool as it is less painful for the hands). I also made use of the sugar stars and silver balls left from my shopping spree in Tesco's home baking section last week (for the bonfire/fireworks cake) and some white chocolate drops.

 Syringe.

Work in progress.

Most of the biscuits. My son had eaten several by this point! On the right is the half eaten fireworks cake, covered up.

A selection of the finished products. 

I was particularly pleased with this one.

...and this one. 

Especially for my little boy.

All in all I'm quite pleased with what I managed this time around. While it's not a cake, it's a chance to have another go at decorating with icing, and I'm sure I can find plenty of willing volunteers to eat them.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment