Monday 9 April 2012

More cupcakes

Another mate/colleague had his last day at our company recently, and since he's a big fan of F1 and cars in general I had a go at these:

It's the first time I've tried recreating an image with fondant... I made templates with baking paper and used those to cut round. It was fiddly but I think I pulled it off! :-D

I made two separate templates for the helmets, one for each colour, then fitted the pieces together. It was harder than it sounds as the black fondant stretched as I lifted it up so I had to trim it to size as I fitted the pieces together.

The wheels were done using circular cookie cutters, silver spray and the end of a large piping nozzle to do the smaller holes.

The written message was just to use up the royal icing left over from my previous cake. :-)

There was plenty left as well. Enough for these:


No comments:

Post a Comment