Friday 6 April 2012

Royal Icing

So I finally got sick of the sight of the half finished cake that was sitting on the table for days and decided to complete it. I just rushed through it as I'd lost the enthusiasm.

Here's how it looked after I'd finished applying the royal icing. I don't think Ceri Dz (who did the YouTube videos I learnt the method from) would be particularly proud of it...

I used up the rest of the royal icing to pipe on a design and used the flooding techniques learnt from Elaine McGregor to do the heart and a collar on the board.

The icing was still wet when I took the photo...


The cake was nice although half of the icing got left behind as it had set so hard. I nearly had to get a saw out just to cut a slice!

2 comments:

  1. Your cake looks really cute! Royal Icing is difficult...I always find it strange that you can sand it between layers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Yes it was a bit odd with it being so hard but it did add a nice crunch! lol!

    ReplyDelete